Two more mugs that I made. Pine cones with pine needles, and oak leaves. I love both of these mugs.
Jack has been having a hard time sleeping for the past few weeks and when I though about it, I realized he's had a hard time sleeping since he stayed overnight for Halloween with his grandma and his mom. Last week he finally told us why, he told us about a movie his mom was watching which involved robbery, killing, and dismemberment. Why on earth would this bother a child?
His mom denies watching such a movie with him in the room, but Jack's behavior says otherwise. In the mean time, we're now taking turns with him in our beds and nobody is really sleeping that well. He prefers poppa's bed because poppa is big and he knows poppa can protect him. I assured him that I could also protect him, with farts, and then I let out a fart. He thought that was pretty funny.
I'm trying to sort out Katie's Canada Disability Benefit that the provincial government insists that all people in the province of Alberta who are on AISH apply for, so that the provincial government can then call that earnings and claw it back. It's $200/month which turns into about $150 million for the provincial government. Did I mention that our provincial government is despicable?
So I had to apply for Canada Disability Credit and the Canada Disability Benefit and now I have to apply to be her trustee as well, so that I can deal with these because nobody can talk to me on the phone about her applications because I'm not her trustee (or at least that's their best guess because they can't access her file, because I'm not her trustee, maybe). We didn't apply to be trustees fifteen years ago because nobody told us to. There are 10 forms for all of us to fill in, which amounts to 66 pages of forms, plus her doctor has to fill in another Capacity Assessment Report. Of course, all of these forms cost money as well. We're able to pay but not everyone is.
I'm rage cleaning, but not really. More irritation cleaning. I seldom get into a rage these days which is lovely. And I'll walk the dogs after lunch and that will help as well.


Such beautiful mugs, a decent size as well.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter went through a period where she could not go to sleep because she was worried that we were watching TV at night. That's what she told us, big drama every evening.
It took us ages to figure that out, why TV, why at night, why anyway and finally she sort of verbalised it to be connected to her friend's mother watching TV with her parents while upstairs the grandmother had a stroke or similar. Years ago and she had overheard it as a long ago memory.
It's funny how kids put things together. My mum told me once when I was 8 that one day our hot water heater was going to "go". I imagined an explosion and couldn't sleep either. I finally told my mum and she assured me, we would just not have any hot water:)
DeleteWhat a chores, all the forms, hoping you get through them soon and get the results you need.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid, we had no phone few people did, and I saw a movie where a woman picked up the phone, then screamed and collapsed. I thought the phone had killed her because she'd talked into the wrong end! Electrocuted! It took a while for me to be okay seeing phones in movies.
Kids are funny how they make links. So far I have made no progress on the forms because nobody seems to be able to answer my question.
DeleteI love your mugs! Sorry about all the other hassles. I hope things settle down soon.
ReplyDeleteIt will settle down eventually. I just got off the phone with a manager at AISH and found out that my sister in law has had a stroke. And Jack got in a fight at school. I'm done adulting today:)
DeleteThe rigamarole of all the paperwork and the hidden rules is deliberate (here too) and designed to keep money from deserving people due to "regulations." It's getting worse everywhere as governments' priorities change from taking care of their people to enriching themselves and their cronies. Poor Jack! I wouldn't be able to sleep either after seeing a movie like that. :(
ReplyDeleteWith this government it is true incompetence. They don't actually know what they're doing.
DeleteSo you will have a set of mugs looking similar and in the same colour but all hand made with different patterns.
ReplyDeleteThe processes of government can be very tiring, but you just have to get on with it.
I hate filling out forms. I now have 10, ten!, forms to fill in.
DeleteHonest to gawd, those mugs look like you bought them at a quality craft sale! Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWell thank you. I also know why hand made mugs cost so much:)
DeleteIf you weren't on the other side of the world I would commission a set of those mugs. They are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeletePoor Jack - and why does his mother have to lie about watching the movie? Sheesh.
As for Katie's bureaucratic nightmares I have no words.
Bureaucracies drive me crazy, add on a layer of politicians who don't even know how things work and it just boggles the mind.
DeleteYour mugs are fabulous! I love the color and the designs.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry for all the things the government is putting your through. You don't deserve it and neither does your daughter. Why does helping people who need help so hard!
I used to work Saturdays. My husband watched our kids, but in reality he napped. Saturday nights were a mess. I finally figured out that when he fell asleep the kids switch the tv channel to a horror movie marathon on Saturday afternoons. Some people . . . .
Did you smack your husband upside the head? Or just think about doing it?
DeleteWhy do we, as a culture, as governments, make it so damn hard to get the assistance that we need for so many different reasons? It's cruel and it's so telling of where priorities lay. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteYour mugs just get better and better. You're a star in my book!
Can't there be one visit with Jack's mother that doesn't cause major trauma? My god.
People who like money and power, don't seem to like to share. There is enough for everyone and yet people hoard (ellen musk comes to mind).
DeleteI still see the flaws in the mugs but I am improving and now the handles don't crack while drying.
I love these 2 new mugs, as well! You get another A++
ReplyDeleteEverything is made more difficult because no one wants to turn loose of the needed funds!
People don't like to share, not everyone, but a lot of people don't like to share, despite what we teach our children:)
DeleteYour pottery is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness Jack has you and Poppa!
Thanks Amanda. My pottery skills are improving. Like most things, practice leads to improvements, except for singing. I can't sing worth shit:)
DeleteI am not surprised Jack's mom says she did not watch that with him there, I wonder if she even remembers doing it (I agree with you, she sure did) these Canadian premiers stink, ugh. Fingers crossed Jack starts sleeping well soon, I gues you can keep working on the farts in the meanwhile ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what really happened but Jack had a very detailed description of the movie and judging from his behavior, something scared the crap out of him.
DeleteBeautiful mugs! You have such an eye for beauty.
ReplyDeleteThanks Colette:)
ReplyDelete