Tuesday, October 1, 2024

There's nothing wrong with me, other than I seem to have lost my get up and go.  Nothing interests me right now and I'm even having a hard time reading blogs or leaving comments.  

My sister in law is visiting right now and I took Jack over to visit her at my niece's place.  My niece doesn't have children, she has cats, hence the fish head shaped cat bed.


The trees continue on their yearly ritual of changing colours.  I walk the dogs.  I worked last Friday and we had a gentleman with a severe allergic reaction.  A code was called but no compressions were needed.  Sadly it will be this gentleman's last CT scan because it showed the tumour had collapsed the right upper lobe of his lung and was pressing on his SVC.  The doc talked to him and the patient now was days to weeks, and not months.  So my heart broke at little.  And then I had a thirty-nine year old man with metastatic rectal cancer; I don't realize how hard my job was, until I go back there.  The grief is overwhelming sometimes.

I went to see "Come From Away" with three friends on Saturday night.  I can't say enough good things about it.  It made me laugh and it made me cry.  My ex-husband was flying on 9/11 and I remember the terror I felt, the terror so many felt, that day.  We didn't know what was happening, or what else would happen.  The musical was about the planes that were forced to land in Gander, Newfoundland on 9/11 because American airspace was closed.  It was the stories of the people on the planes and the stories of the people in Gander who took strangers into their homes.  Turns out my sister in law, my niece and her boyfriend were sitting not far from us, but none of us knew that.

The hurricane and the aftermath have gotten to me as well.  It's not bad enough that people have died, or lost everything, or been cut off from the rest of the world, trump has to make it even worse by spewing lies.  He is an evil, vile man.  I'm tired of his shit, beyond tired. 




4 comments:

  1. On the last two sentences. Yes and yes. I know the feeling you are having well. I'm sorry. I could not do your job, it's understandable you feel low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you have lost your get up and go. That happens sometimes to me as well. I always appreciate your comments about tRump because I feel the exact same way. Every time that man opens his mouth, I get angry, and then saddened that so many minions blindly follow him. If he wins in November, I am afraid of the tailspin that I will endure. And I also appreciate that you being a Canadian have an interest in what happens here in the USA. The events of the hurricane magnify to me what a poor excuse of a human he is. He can't open his mouth without disparaging someone or lying. Oh..I am on a roll! I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book, Come From Away. I enjoyed it a lot. That was such a surreal event. We were in West Seattle, over looking Elliot Bay. After the ground stop there were no planes into Sea-Tac. It was eerily quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed "Come From Away" -- I wonder if they'll ever make a movie of it?

    ReplyDelete