Sunday, October 13, 2024

 

Still life with a five year old.  My counter always has toys on it, waiting to be put away.


It's Thanksgiving here this weekend.  I made a pumpkin pie out of the pumpkin I grew this summer.  Way too much work.  Next year I'll just buy a can of pumpkin:)


 My walk with Charlie this morning.  The wind blew all night and lots of the trees are bare now.

I had my covid and flu vaccinations on Friday while I was at work.  I've felt kind of crappy all weekend.  Yay.  At least it's only the vaccinations and not the diseases.  Katie was not impressed with me though.  I did not meet expectations.

On the upside, I spoke to my middle daughter last night for an hour on the phone.  That always makes me feel good.

4 comments:

  1. I think when you eat the pie you will find the extra work worth it. I think toys on the counter look nicer than the dirty dishes that always seem to cover mine. We need to get our shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your pumpkin pie! I've never had the nerve to attempt making one from scratch. All my pumpkin pies come from Safeway. It's a family tradition, I guess. That's where all my Mom's came from too, LOL! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Pixie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks great! We just eat savory pumpkin stuff, roasted, stir fried, soup, that kind of thing. Maybe one day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems the leaves have fallen so fast for you. Our elm trees are slow to leaf but the rest now how leaves.
    You aren't the only person who has thought (I'm not saying you are imagining it) they had a reaction to the latest Covid shot. I was fine.

    ReplyDelete