Saturday, November 12, 2022

Not much going on.  The cat thinks I'm an asshole because I have arbitrarily changed her supper time, thanks to the time change.  She judges me.

This weekend has been long so far.  Yesterday was Remembrance Day, so no daycare.  We took Jack to West Edmonton Mall so he could run indoors; it was so packed with people, it was awful.  I don't do well with noise and crowds and Jack didn't have a nap.  It was a brutally long day with him, stuck indoors (it's cold here).  We made cookies (brown butter chocolate chip) at one point because he likes to bake with me.  He was bored and cranky off and on, so were nana and poppa.  I was thankful to see him go to bed and even more thankful to crawl into my own bed at 8:30pm.



Today is a new day.  We're going to the library and then Jack has soccer, followed by McDonald's and the playplace there.  It's been exciting here already this morning with a poop in the potty.  Try not to be jealous.

13 comments:

  1. Brown butter chocolate chip cookies would be the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to be a toddler! (and to parent/grandparent one) Those cookies sound delicious; I'll have to try some. Good job on the potty, Jack! Or was it you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Poop in the potty. What could be a better way to start a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is a beautiful judger. :) She has a very nice table, also. I am trying not to be envious but this is more exciting than my morning was! Delicious looking cookies, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a poop in the potty can make your day. I am serious.
    I would definitely eat that cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A poop in the potty deserves a cookie. What is your recipe for these? I am looking for the perfect recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good cookie with my morning coffee and then a good poop ... gets my day moving along! LOL
    Good for Jack and you ... potty training is coming right along thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Jack congratulations from me - both on the poop in the potty and the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it a wonderful luxury to be able to go to bed early? We do it here a lot! We went through the same annoyance from Olga over changing her mealtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our cats are in a snit too. It's been a week for goodness sake. When will they catch on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly can't think of anything better than a brown butter chocolate chip cookie at this point. I hope you still have some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poop in a potty? Hurrah! But is there any photographic evidence? After all you might just be a proud grandma talking up your grandson to outdo other grandmas who visit this illustrious blog.

    ReplyDelete