Monday, December 27, 2021




I'm thankful Christmas is over for another year.  It was pretty much a bust.  Just before I left work on Thursday I was notified that Katie was sick.  She had a high fever and was lethargic.  Her roommate had also tested positive for covid.  I didn't go see Katie because there was nothing I could do and I didn't want to be exposed to covid.  The next morning Katie vomited once and her fever went down and she recovered quickly.

Friday night after work I I felt sick to my stomach and vomited up everything I'd eaten that day.  I was so tired and felt so rotten it was all I could to crawl into bed at 6pm and leave the two guys on their own.  My body felt like it had been beaten and my skin hurt but no fever.  The next morning I was still sick but improving.  Whatever I had, it knocked me flat on my ass for about 30 hours.  There was no Christmas dinner.  We had kraft dinner for supper.  

The little guy did get his presents open though but he wasn't feeling well either.  Nor was my husband.  We all fell asleep at some point on Christmas day.








I had my covid test this morning and I'm finally feeling better, just tired and feeling out of breath when I'm doing stuff.  The little guy had a nice video visit with his mama yesterday.  He finally misses her and she looks like she's doing well.  She's making sense when she talks.  She's smiling.  It's a night and day difference and I'm so thankful for that.  I am so hopeful that she keeps on doing the work when she gets out of rehab, for her sake and for Jack's sake.  

We broke a record here today with the cold.  Edmonton hit -41C.  Our place wasn't as cold obviously but it's fucking cold here.  When it gets this cold the roads turn into skating rinks and driving becomes very interesting.  

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.
 

Update.  I'm covid negative.   Wonder what I had.

17 comments:

  1. Am I missing something here? Did you guys have covid or not? Sounds like a miserable thirty hours, whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet. I'll find out in about ten hours.

      Delete
  2. I shall immediately stop whining about it being cold here, your temps are just nuts. That's unfortunate that you were all down with something. It's bad when your skin hurts, or your hair.
    Hope you are all on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that when your skin hurts ... It's usually the flu! Glad you are feeling a bit better.
    The pic of Jack and his Boppy is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When your skin hurts? I'll remember that! -K.

      Delete
  4. Hope you all feel better soon, and I'm hoping Gracie is one of those who can stay clean and sober and be as good a mother to Jack as is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I am so sorry that your Christmas was such a bust. I hope you're all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are all feeling better by now. My husband was sick through Christmas, too. Strange days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm glad it wasn't Covid, but I'm sorry you were sick. One memorable year (1977, I think) everyone in my extended family got food poisoning at Christmas -- we still talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly had/have your share of awful events. Hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend has symptoms like yours and can't manage to get a covid test anywhere. Part of it is probably due to our atrocious weather right now. I'm glad that Katie is feeling better and sorry that Xmas was a bust. I'm happy to hear that Gracie is improving and will hope that it continues. Hard to predict, isn't it? Lots of water under that particular bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Photo of boy and granddad a keeper.
    Scott and I once got bacterial pneumonia for Christmas. Not fun.
    Glad you're all on the mend & Gracie's getting somewhere.
    -K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One thing I remember about having little ones is all the sickness they bring home from preschool and church. We were sick CONSTANTLY

    Feel better soon…….all of you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely picture of The Big Guy and The Little Guy together. Jack seems so safe in The Big Guy's embrace. Nice to see that your grandson got a fire truck from Santa! Every small boy needs a fire truck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad everyone is on the mend. I do think flu is also going around and that a lot of covid cases are going undiagnosed. My daughter's friend felt sick with symptoms, had definitely been exposed, but she tested negative four times before finally testing positive. We're in the crapshoot stage of the pandemic now. Jack looks as if he feels completely safe with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you have been put through the wringer - I'm so sorry. I hope you are all feeling better now. You must be so exhausted as you have so much on your plate! I have to say I love that picture of the Big Guy and the Little Guy though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're having a rough time of it alright. I always come here hoping to be able to say some helpful thing...but cannot think of one thing to say. Thinking of you. The picture of Jack and his grandpa is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete