Saturday, January 11, 2020



Nothing much going on here.  We're in the middle of a deep freeze so we're hunkered down although I did go out to Walmart last night.  Our house is cold at night and I have given every single pair of fleece jammies to my daughter in law where they sit on the floor in the basement of her house, stinking of pee or poop or vomit.  I had no warm jammies for the little guy so I popped out and got him two pairs of jammies with Santa on them for $3 each which was a good thing because he had diarrhea last night and then vomited all over himself and his bed, which is why he and I were in the laundry room last night.  These jammies are not leaving this house.

The little guy is good, except for his tummy apparently.  We have tentative plans and will wait and see how things go.

It's been a sad week in Edmonton.  Thirty of the people on the Ukrainian airline that was shot down in Iran on Wednesday were from Edmonton, whole families wiped out.  I can't even imagine.

This afternoon we're going to go see a man about a dog.  I need something good this year.  Lucy is aging quickly.  Her cough is getting worse and she will not live for a long time.  Her early years of abuse have wrecked her heart and she has congestive heart failure.  I told the big guy I want another dog because I know he will be wrecked when Lucy dies, so we're going to meet a dog that I've had my eye on for the last month.  We'll see.  If she doesn't work out for us that's okay but I think she will.  I have a feeling.  Even though I swore I would never have two dogs again, I miss long walks and Lucy can't manage those anymore.

There is a loaf of sourdough bread proofing, more laundry in the dryer and my grandson is sleeping.  Life is good-ish.




No comments:

Post a Comment