Friday, August 7, 2026


Summer is coming to an end.  Some of the leaves have started turning yellow.  The tansy, asters, and goldenrod are all blooming.  Basically all the weeds and grasses are blooming.


Canada Thistle.




Perennial sow thistle.

That's it.  That's all I got:)












15 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to talk about binge watching. I prefer to have a week in between to look forward to the next episode of a series, while thinking about the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree w/Andrew re: binge watching: I hate having to wait a week between episodes! Which is ridiculous, of course, b/c that's how we literally only could watch our "shows." I think it's b/c I like to put something on while painting or cleaning, and just let it run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our TV viewing habits sure have changed over the years. Watching an episode once a week was a thing, and if the show was popular, everyone would talk about it the next day at work. Now there are so many shows and streaming services it can make my head spin!

    I love the second to last image about being nice! Too funny.

    My birthday is in August and I remember growing up in upstate NY, the goldenrod would be blooming in full force. It was a sign that it was time to go back to school, so I never enjoyed seeing their blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it doesn't seem like it to you but to me your summer appears to come and go in about a week. But I could not deal with your winters.
    Love the memes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I really like a series, I try not to binge watch it; I want to savor a couple episodes at a time and make it last longer. Our leaves are starting to turn already. I'm ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After visiting twice now, thistles always remind me of Scotland. Their appreciation for them has changed my whole view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last one! I’m still smiling. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love a good series which we watch over several days (or weeks if it's a long one!). Saves the whole "what shall we watch tonight" dilemma and waste of an hour clicking through the offerings! I remember when we only had 4 channels and no VCRs to record shows so the rush to get home to watch a favourite series or miss out. How did we cope?!
    I strongly relate to the making plans quote. I really need to think before opening my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a splendid sense of beauty and of humor. Thank you for sharing both in this post (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny about binge watching. I don't have the patience for more than one episode at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yellow leave already? Patience above !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice blossoms you have.
    Our mega heat summer is in full force, no rain for the next ten days and none in the last 100 it seems. Here many leaves are dried up brittle and I stopped counting the dead trees in the park by the river - we are not allowed to water trees with river water this year (- and future years no doubt). Instead the authorities have started to fence off public parks to avoid people being hit by falling branches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's sad when summer ends and once vigorous, healthy growth becomes tired and spent. I think of that song by Harry Belafonte: "Try to Remember":
    Try to remember when life was so tender
    When dreams were kept beside your pillow.

    ReplyDelete