Monday, July 6, 2026


 Helmcken Falls.

We made it home yesterday.  I'm still working on cleaning, laundry, and putting everything away.  Apparently we had two flash floods while we were away and there is some water damage in the furnace room from the water entering through the window wells, but nothing terrible, just needs some work.

Jack is at day camp this week which will give me time to catch up.  He had a good trip, despite a rough start.  The second day there he was farting around in the swimming pool, did a flip and cut his head open.  The cut was small enough that I didn't worry about it too much.  I cleaned it up and applied steri-strips to hold the skin edges together.  The steri-strips only lasted the night, he picked them off in his sleep.  I left the wound alone, just kept it clean and checked for signs of infection.  It's in his hair and is healing fine.

Back to real life where there is stuff to do.

21 comments:

  1. Your photos from the trip were incredible. I hope it feels nice to be home too; I always have a letdown and feel overwhelmed after a big trip. Sharky is in another week (of 3 of Farm Camp--different themes but still the same general format)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night and have a home cooked (from the freezer) meal. I always feel overwhelmed when I first get home, trying to decide what needs to be done first, and I may have cried a little:) It's all good now, under control.

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you had a chance to go. I’m sorry about the mess you have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always lots of stuff to do post holidays. It's all clean, and put away now.

      Delete
  3. Helmcken Falls - Mother Nature at her most powerful. What a place! Thanks for showing us Nurse Pixie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful waterfall. There are other waterfalls in Wells Gray Provincial Park, but that's the tallest. They've also built a new viewing platform since we were last there and it's been done well.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful vacation pictures. Canada is so lovely out in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home and another wonderful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good time. I don't think you have to do all the things right away, or you'll need a vacation again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything got done yesterday, except for the drywall in the basement. A de-humidifier is on it's way to get rid of the moisture in the basement. There was a little demo work done but more needs to be done, but first, pottery.

      Delete
  7. Ah, me ... there is always stuff to be done when you get back home! Don't despair ... Jack's at camp ... hubby's at work ... pick and choose what you want/need to get done on your own schedule! You're retired ... use your time to your benefit! It will all get done eventually!
    Welcome back home, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything except the basement got done. I'm off to walk the dogs and then pottery.

      Delete
  8. Your photos were really great! Hope you are all settling back into life at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack slept very well last night, me too:) He's enjoying his camp which is good. Kids to play with, structure, and lots of exercise.

      Delete
  9. The photos have been gorgeous. What a place! Take the cleanup slow. It's not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're waiting on a de-humidifier for the basement. Everything needs to dry out really well first.

      Delete
  10. Coming home is never seamless, is it? I, too, feel as if I must get everything settled and back to normal IMMEDIATELY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I can't relax until everything is done."

    It's been a long time since I did any traveling and I thoroughly enjoy reading about your travels and seeing your splendid photos. When I used to travel, I never could relax afterwards until everything was done!!!!

    ReplyDelete