Spring has sprung, finally. My tomato plants are doing well, as well as the perennials that I grew from seed. This morning Jack and I are riding our bikes to his school, then I'll ride home and go back when he's done school. He's pretty pumped.
It's been a tough week. Katie's black eye looks awful and it hurts her. I took her to see her doctor on Tuesday for birth control pills, hoping that will decrease her pain by stopping ovulation. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately it was an hour and a half wait to see the doctor and Katie got increasingly agitated. I gave her an ativan but she attacked me while driving. Thankfully, it was quite a mild meltdown due to the ativan and we made it back to her house in one piece.
I now need to find a new family doctor because every time we visit the doctor it's at least an hour wait. I don't mind this doc, she's a nice woman, but nervous about prescribing drugs, not just to Katie but to me as well. She seems unsure of herself, at least that's my feeling.
Jack has started soccer two evenings a week which means he's been tired all week. Nobody is at their best when they're tired, including him.
I've been tired and feeling depleted all week. Tomorrow we're heading to the mountains to take a break and spend time outside as a family. When I told Jack's grandma that we won't be here this weekend, she said, but Jack will miss Mother's day. I don't think he'll miss it and I don't think he really cares about Mother's day. He's seven. I'm also tired of putting their family's needs over ours. I asked his grandma if she could take Jack this summer for awhile so that my husband and I could spend some time together. She offered up a weekend, one weekend. Never mind.
"The mountains are calling and I must go... Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn". John Muir


Soccer is so much running around; I get exhausted even watching it! I went to Sharky's soccer practice the other day and will go to watch a T-ball game next week. Busy guy! I love this mountain get away for you and hope that the change of scenery and fresh air will do everyone good. My late mom was a big believer in changes of scenery! The other grandma offered ONE weekend? That's pathetic.
ReplyDeleteThe other grandma is phoning it in. One weekend! I hope Katie gets some relief soon. It's very hard even if you understand the situation, but for her so much more. I hope the mountain escape is good.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mountaineering, you three!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you have all this to deal with. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWow, one weekend over an entire summer. Don't knock yourself out too much there grandma! And like the others, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this!
ReplyDeleteKatie's black eye looks horrible. Enjoy the mountains. Somehow mountains bring me to a good spot in my mind.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your getaway to the mountains! Wishing you peace, serenity, good weather and beautiful scenery!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the time away in the mountains, you all can use some serenity.As far as the other grandmother, well I won't put into print what I think of her.
ReplyDeleteSending love your way, I hope the weekend is rejuvenating. Other grandma is rich, did she even have any plans for the day? LOL
ReplyDeleteI am sorry but it appears that Jack will be enjoying Mother's Day with the woman who has been raising him all these years. Congratulations on the bike riding.
ReplyDeleteOh yikes, that looks sore.
ReplyDeletewhat sort of tomatoes? I miss growing them, and I am always glad to hear what varieties people are growing.
ReplyDelete