Friday, May 1, 2026


Jack has no school today.

I may be grumpy and feeling overwhelmed.

Jack may have not had his ADHD medicine this morning.

I may have slept in.

I may have yelled, or been sharp with him.

I may be grumpy.

I may not have listened to every word he said this morning.

I may want some peace and quiet.

I may not get that today.

We may survive.  

May the odds be ever in our favour.

15 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. I need peace and quiet too, and I usually can get it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your weekend will be a calm and quiet one. As I write this, both of my dogs are barking quite loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think any parent ever listens to EVERYTHING their child tells them. I am also sure that there are just some days you have to get through the best you can. Please don't beat yourself up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower picture is beautiful! I hope the "grumps" go away with a hot cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are human. We will never be perfect but will love each other anyway. We can heal. I am at my least lovable when overwhelmed. I don't deal well with bombardment. Hang in there, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there!!! Wish there was a posse of kids out in the neighborhood that he could go roam around with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you hate those days when you just don't want to be you? I have them, and can't escape myself. It's the shits. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just arrived in my feed. I hope you feel better and get to praise your self more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just arrived in my feed. I hope you feel better and get to praise your self more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just arrived in my feed. I hope you feel better and get to praise your self more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are all *something* my dear friend. We all fall somewhere on some spectrum. They say certain neurodivergent people (i daresay like us), do not recharge through sleep, but rather they need periods spent in low stimulation environments where nothing is expected of them. That is how we become less anxious, start to feel safe again, more in control, more able to cope with the constant flux of the world. When I read this, it rang so true. It's why I love working from home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you turn on comment moderation?

    ReplyDelete