Sunday, June 27, 2021


It is hot as hell here and it's going to hot all week.  My husband woke me up this morning with a plan to cool off the house.  He told me he was going to get a 50 foot duck and use it to suck the cool air out of the basement.  I didn't think much of the idea because I couldn't imagine a rubber duck that size in the basement.  Did I mention I had just woken up?  He said duct.  That made a lot more sense.

Everybody was hot and grumpy today.  Yesterday we took Jack to Jurassic Forest which is a park with forty animatronic dinosaurs in a boreal forest setting.  It far surpassed my expectations and we went early before it got too hot.  

Today I had Katie.  All we managed was a hair cut and McDonalds lunch.  She wasn't having it either and just wanted to go home.  


Did I mention it's hot?  It's too damn hot!

8 comments:

  1. I really do not know how y'all are standing it. As used to that sort of weather as we are, I still hate it.
    If I lived there, I would be going to Jurassic Forrest every week. That looks like the most fun to me ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeewww, looking at those temperatures gives me the heeby-jeebies. But looking at Jack in that cute little outfit just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jurassic Forest looks pretty amazing, though! Sorry about the heat. I'm sure it's miserable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat for Jack! I wonder if he will remember that mammoth moment when he is older. It looks as if it is making a deep impression on him. I remember being his age and looking closely at things that engaged me like that.

    Too hot here, too, just south of the Washington border with British Columbia. I do have a portable air-conditioner that I rolled out of the closet and turned on during the day yesterday. It keeps the indoor temperature just under 80 degrees, which feels cool if I step out on my porch where it is 100 degrees at 10 a.m.

    Yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that adorable and curious little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those temps look way too hot for me too! Ugg. Hopefully the temperature will come down again soon. The jurassic forest looks fun though, hopefully it was a bit cooler being in a forest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I doubt that you often complain about the heat in Alberta. Roll on wintertime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is the cutest damn child. I love your photos of him!

    ReplyDelete